Field Study #6

 Tuesday, November 29



Field Notes:

Today was my 6th visit to my field study location. I came to my location at 4:41 pm, and it was just starting to get dark out. Because of the lack of snow, this photo reminds me of fall because of the fallen leaves on the ground! It was 53 degrees outside today and it was very windy! The air was pretty warm for being the end of November, but the strong wind definitely made it chillier. The length of the day today was 9 hours and 19 minutes. Somethings I observed today on my field study was how all the snow from my previous visit had melted because of the stretch of warm weather. Even though there wasn't any snow, the small creeks on either side of the path were still very full of water. The woods were extremely quiet today without any walkers or sporting events going on, and it felt very peaceful. The only sound I could hear was my feet on the path and the wind blowing. I felt the creek water which was very cool, and the crisp texture of a few fallen leaves. 


Here are a few changes I noticed from my visit:


One thing I noticed was that a large amount of trees had been cut down since my last visit. I assume this was to clear the path for the forrest school, but there was definitely a large amount of cut-down trees lying on the ground:


Another thing I observed was these two berry bushes. They stuck out at me in the woods today, because there was barely any color left, and I didn't think that berries would be popping up at the way end of December:


That's it for my field study today!







Comments