1st Field Study

 Wednesday, September 8, 2022


Hello! My name is Ruthie Ryden and this is going to be my field study blog, which will show all of the exciting parts of nature I get to look at and observe over the next few weeks!


First, here is the 30x30 are that I'm going to be observing and taking notes on:



This is an overhead shot of the woods I am going to be studying. The image below shows a general map that I created that shows the layout of the area I will be in. 



Here is an intro video from my first visit to my location:



1st Field Notes

These were some observations I took while visiting my location this week: 

I visited on Thursday, September 8 at 6:43 PM. It was around 75 degrees, and was pretty sunny outside, but because I was in the woods, it was shady because of the trees. This was my visit visit to my location in the woods. There was a lot going on in the woods today.  I saw a woman walking her dog, chipmunks and squirrels, and even a bunny hopping along the trail. When I looked in the creek area, there were a few frogs and toads that hopped in the water. it was kind of windy so the trees were rustling pretty loudly. Some of the sounds I heard was water trickling down the stream, squirrels running up trees, the wind going through the leaves, and sounds of crickets and other insects in the bushes. 









Comments