Field Study #3
Thursday, October 13, 2022
Field Notes:
This afternoon I made my third visit to my field study location. It had been raining for most of the day, so my visit was a lot more wet and chilly than usual. It was 48 degrees out and pretty cloudy, and there was a light sprinkle that I couldn't really feel because of the trees above me. The air was very cold, and it was surprisingly very windy today. The length of today was 11 hours, and 10 minutes. Somethings I saw on my visit was the gradual changing of colors of a few trees, many yellow fallen leaves on the trail, and a little bit of sunlight poking through a couple of trees. I could feel the slippery leaves beneath my feet, the wind blowing through the trees, and felt the texture of a few different leaves. I could hear the football game going on, the water in the stream, and the wind blowing in my ears.
Here is a picture of the woods I took on my visit today:
-- As you can see from this picture, most of the trees are still green, but a few are starting to change colors, and there are many dead leaves on the ground compared to my last visit.
One specific change I noticed on my visit today, was a certain tree on the side of the path. It's leaves were previously green, and now they had turned a pale pink color, which I noticed was very rare for fall trees. I researched to try and find what kind of tree it was, but I struggled to find it. Here's a picture of the tree:
.jpg)
.jpg)
Your pics are beautiful! Include a closer up picture of the leaves and bark of the tree you're wondering about. If you can't get it identified see me for some resources. Are you noticing any patterns yet in the color change or leaf fall?
ReplyDelete